This recipe gives you all of the tasty pizza flavors you crave with none of the unhealthy drawbacks a slice usually has. The cauliflower crust is crispy and delicious and the fresh toppings with the creamy sunflower seed "ricotta" make this pizza a winner.
Crispy Chickpea-Cauliflower Crust Pizza With Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Crispy Chickpea-Cauliflower Crust Pizza With Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
For the Pizza Base:
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flax (mixed with the chia seeds with 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Toppings
- Green olives
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh chives
- Baby spinach and kale leaves
- Spring onion
- Tomato paste
- Tomato pasta sauce
For The Sunflower Seed 'Ricotta':
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- A pinch of salt and pepper
How to Prepare Crispy Chickpea-Cauliflower Crust Pizza With Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
To Make the Pizza Base:
- Pre-heat the oven to 395°F
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas blend them well in a food processor.
- Place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Clean and rinse the cauliflower.
- Lightly steam it for about 3-5 minutes. Don't over steam or the base will turn soggy.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, in a small bowl add the flax, chia seeds, and water. Leave aside to swell.
- Once the cauliflower has steamed, remove and spin it in a salad spinner to remove any excess moisture.
- Blend it in a food processor until it's fine. Place it into a muslin cloth and squeeze out any liquid. You want the cauliflower to be as dry as possible.
- Add the flax/chia egg, cauliflower, and the remaining base ingredients to the chickpeas and mix everything thoroughly.
- Flatten the mixture out on a baking paper lined pizza tray. Use your fingers to spread and flatten it evenly. Poke it with a fork to ensure even cooking, and pop it into the oven the oven for 10 mins.
Sunflower Seed 'Ricotta':
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, and blend them until they are chunky.
To Make the Pizza:
- Once the base has cooked, mix the tomato pasta sauce and tomato paste, and spread evenly over the base.
- Place the spinach, kale, red bell pepper, spring onion, and olives on the pizza before placing it back in the oven at 355°F for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pizza and add your 'ricotta', fresh chives, and sliced avocado.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Almond Flour
- Flax Seed
- Sunflower Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1558 | Total Carbs: 79 g | Total Fat: 119 g | Total Protein: 67 g | Total Sodium: 2106 g | Total Sugar: 16 g Calculation not including sauce or pizza toppings.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.