This mashed millet is a wonderfully healthy alternative to the usual mound of mashed potatoes present on holiday tables year after year. Millet and cauliflower florets are blended together, swirled with crushed garlic and olive oil, and garnished with pepper and nutmeg. Does it taste identical to mashed potatoes? No. Is still absolutely delicious? You bet.
Cauliflower Millet Mash [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Millet Mash [Vegan]
- 1 cup millet
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons of rice milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Nutmeg, to taste
How to Prepare Cauliflower Millet Mash [Vegan]
- Wash and drain the millet, Then put it in a saucepan. Add the water, cauliflower, onion, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to the lowest simmer. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, until millet and vegetables are cooked.
- Use a hand blender to get the smoothest puree. Alternatively, you can use a food processor. Purée until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it. Add olive oil.
- Season with pepper, nutmeg, 2-3 tablespoons of milk, if you desire.
- Blend again. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.