In this recipe, richly sweet Medjool dates are stuffed with a cashews and walnuts that are blended into a creamy, pate-like texture. With fresh-squeezed lemon juice, coarsely ground black pepper, mint leaves, and other garnishes, these stuffed dates are an attractive appetizer for any occasion.
Cashew-Walnut Pate Stuffed Dates With a Mint Garnish [Vegan]
- 20-30 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 30 or more minutes, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked for 30 minutes, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 20-30 walnut halves, for garnish
- 20-30 mint leaves, for garnish
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, sea salt, agave nectar, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Remove all pits from the dates and slice in half. Fill each date with a teaspoon or so of the nut mixture. Top with a walnut half and a mint leaf. Generously top with fresh ground back pepper.