While you can certainly make a tasty lasagna or panini without the use of cheese, once you've tried this cashew dill mozzarella, you will be adding it to everything! This dairy-free cheese is made from protein-rich cashews, given a subtly sweet undertone from dill, and is incredibly stretchy thanks to tapioca. Melt this cheese on pizza, in a grilled cheese, or simply enjoy it with some crackers!
Cashew Dill Mozzarella [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- A dash of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup fresh dill
- Place all the ingredients, except for the fresh dill, into a high-speed blender and blend for 2-3 minutes. Once combined, add the fresh dill.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and stir frequently until clumps are forming.
- Continue stirring at all times until you get a stretchy consistency.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and pour the mixture into a small plastic bowl (you can oil it first for an easier removal). Make sure to spread it evenly.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 1 hour or until it’s firm.
- Take the hardened up mozzarella out of the bowl. Place upside down on a serving platter and serve.