These Cashew Date Squares are a delicious and nutritious snack or dessert! They're made with simple and healthy ingredients that taste great and make you feel just as good.
Cashew Date Squares [Vegan]
For the Squares:
- 3.5 ounces cashews (or any other nut of your choice)
- 3.5 ounces dates
- .7 ounces sultanas
- .53 ounces cocoa powder
- .35 ounces linseeds
- .35 ounces chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of sea salt
To Top (optional):
- .35 ounces desiccated coconut
- .18 ounces goji berries
- Soak the dates and cashews in a bowl full of hot water for around 15 minutes.
- When the cashews and dates have softened, transfer them to a food processor.
- To the food processor, add the sultanas, cocoa powder, linseeds, chia seeds, maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla. Blend until a thick paste is formed
- Using a spoon, transfer then press the thick paste into a 10 x 10 inch baking tin (lined with parchment paper), ensuring that it is evenly spread out.
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut and goji berries on top.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before slicing.