Cashews and coconut cream give this cherry chocolate ice cream its super smooth, creamy texture that will disprove all myths that non-dairy ice cream is too icy. The classic combo of cherries and chocolate is made even better because this recipe uses fresh cherries and indulgent dark chocolate chunks.
Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 cup fresh/frozen sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup dark vegan chocolate chips/chunks
- Soak the cashews in water overnight, rinse, and drain them properly.
- Add them into a high-speed blender together with the coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend on medium speed until creamy.
- Line a cake/bread loaf tin with parchment paper and pour in the smooth mixture.
- Add in the cherries and chocolate and take a spoon to swirl and mix around the ingredients.
- Place in the freezer for 5-6 hours (or until firm - depending on your freezer).
- You want the mixture to be frozen but not too hard, or else it will be tough to scoop it out.
- If it's too frozen, let it stand outside to thaw a few minutes before serving.