This cashew brie cheese is perfect for parties! Nutty, fruity, and sweet, this soft, spreadable cheese is delightful served with crackers, fresh baguette, and chocolate. Serve it with blackberries, pear, and fresh thyme or have fun coming up with your own delicious toppings. Vegan cheese is only getting better with time!
Cashew Brie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 package freeze-dried Asian pears or any kind of fruit
- Soak cashews in water for 4-6 hours or 2 hours in hot water.
- Add melted coconut oil, brown rice flour, and half of the cashews into food processor/high-powered blender. Blend on low until combined.
- Keep blender on low speed and add in maple, 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, cinnamon, Himalayan salt, hemp seeds, and maple syrup. Blend until combined.
- Add in remaining cashews and continue to blend on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Line a 9-inch round baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into dish, give it a few slight taps onto the counter to make sure the mixture sinks completely into the mould, then smooth out the top.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- While mold is setting up, you can prepare your topping. Using kitchen shears, cut up freeze-dried pears into small bite-size pieces, mix in with 1/4 cup pistachios, and 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme.
- Take mold out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- And add the pear/thyme and pistachio mixture to the top of the cashew brie, then finish off with fresh blackberries and drizzle with maple.