These carrot cake oat bars require only 10 ingredients to make, most of which you’ll probably have in your cupboard already. Its super simple with only one bowl needed
Carrot Cake Oat Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or a few vanilla flavor drops
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried figs
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (maple syrup, flax eggs, vanilla extract and milk).
- Then add in the dry ingredients (gluten-free rolled oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder). Combine the dry and wet ingredients gently with a spatula.
- Fold in shredded carrots, pecans and raisins or figs.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle extra pecans and shredded carrots on top (optional).
- Bake 30 min or until toothpick comes out clean, but the top is still soft to touch.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes then take it out on a cooling rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!