This latte is everything you need! The cardamom powder cuts down a bit on the sweetness and brings in spicy cinnamony, and a bit peppery notes. It creates the right balance that’ll give you an enjoyable experience of drinking a floral tea latte.
Cardamom Rose Latte [Vegan]
- 1 cup (236 ml) – bottled water or filtered water
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or preferred plant-based milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried rose petals (or loose rose tea)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Bring water to boil, and add to a large mug.
- Place the rose petals or loose rose tea into a tea ball infuser strainer (or another preferred tea infuser), and add to the hot water.
- Cover and steep for 5-7 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, heat up the milk in a small pot.
- Remove strainer after max 7 minutes.
- Place the warm milk into a separate cup, add the maple syrup and cardamom powder.
- Using an handheld automatic milk frother, whisk the warm milk until foamy and bubbly (up to 1 min).
- In the absence of a milk frother, use a hand whisk or a small mason jar (as a shaker).
- Once the rose tea has steeped, add half of the frothed up cardamom milk, and stir lightly.
- Last, add the remaining foamy milk on top and spinkle with cardamom powder and some dried rose petals (optional).
Add more maple syrup if preferred.