Vegan caramel Frappuccino topped with coconut whipped cream and a simple caramel drizzle. This recipe is made with frozen bananas, dates, cold brew and plant-based milk. It’s nutritious, refreshing and delicious!
Caramel Frappuccino [Vegan]
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (see notes)
- 4-6 cold brew ice cubes, or more to taste
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream, optional (see notes)
- Vegan caramel sauce, optional (see notes)
The Day Before:
- Make the cold brew ice cubes using this recipe or store-bought cold brew. Freeze the cubes overnight.
- Slice the bananas and freeze them overnight or for at least 12 hours in an airtight container.
To Make the Frappuccino:
- Add the cold brew ice cubes, frozen bananas, dates, plant-based milk and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of "caramel" sauce if desired.
This recipe was tested with plain, unsweetened almond milk and oat milk. Both turned out well. Feel free to use another plant-based milk you love. Plain soy milk would be a great way to add protein to this recipe. You can also use deglet noor dates, but you’ll need 3-4 since they’re smaller. I find Medjool dates sweeter and less dry. A blender might not break deglet noor dates as well as Medjool dates. To make coconut whipped cream: Put a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight or for at least 18-24 hours. The can of coconut milk should separate into coconut water and coconut cream. When you’re ready to make the coconut whipped cream, open the can and scoop out the coconut cream into the mixing bowl. Store the coconut water in an airtight container in the fridge (I like to use it in a smoothie). Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whip the cream until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Feel free to add a touch of plant-based milk if it’s too thick or a touch of vanilla extract for flavor. To make a quick vegan “caramel” sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Add a small pinch of salt. Drizzle over your Frappuccino! Of course it doesn’t taste exactly like caramel, but it looks similar and adds a delicious flavor and sweetness.