This silky coffee caramel ice cream is a perfect way to end a hot summer afternoon. The ice cream is made from coconut meat, strong coffee, and cashews to make an epic combination of flavors and then topped off with some dark iced coffee to cut the sweetness a bit.
Caramel Coffee Cashew Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar for sweetness
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- A cup your favorite iced coffee
- Prepare your ice cream machine by placing the insert into the freezer for at least a day before making this ice cream.
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream but the coconut oil to a high-speed blender, and blend them until they're very smooth.
- Add your coconut oil, and blend them for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the mixture, and place it into the ice cream machine.
- Follow your ice cream machine's instructions, and once it is done, transfer it to an airtight container and store in the freezer.
- You can enjoy as a float simply by pouring more coffee over it, or on its own.
If you do not have an ice cream machine just add the blended mixture into a bowl and place into freezer. Stir every 30 minutes for around 3 hours to get that silky smooth texture!