There are few thing in life better than a fresh Caprese salad . . . except for a Caprese salad with hearts of palm. This simple recipe combines ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, vegan mozzarella, and a simple red wine vinaigrette and then adds in some buttery heats of palm that make this Caprese stand out amongst its peers.
Caprese Salad With Hearts Of Palm [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 6 medium red ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (I used Campari tomatoes)
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm, sliced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Put all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour them over the salad. Add it gradually and toss the salad after each addition so you can see how much dressing you need.