These candied nuts are an awesome snack that are so easy to make! Give them a go and then even take them on the go!
Candied Nuts [Vegan]
- 2 cups of nuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bake the nuts on a baking dish 360ºF for 10-12 minutes until they smell toasty. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine coconut sugar and salt and set the bowl aside.
- Combine the maple syrup, water, oil, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and add the nuts.
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently, which will take about 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the nuts to the bowl with coconut sugar.
- Stir and make sure they're well coated. Pour the nuts into a piece of paper to cool. Once completely cooled, the nuts and the coating become crunchy.