If there is a salad in this whole world that can change your life, this is the one! Quick to make, delicious and super healthy! The dressing and the chickpea croutons are undoubtedly the key!
Caesar Salad With Chickpea Croutons [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Caesar Salad With Chickpea Croutons [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 4 handfuls of kale, cut and without stems
For the Croutons:
- 1 + 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
For the Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews soaked for 4 hours or 30 minutes in hot water
- 1 tablespoon soft mustard (use less if strong)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Caesar Salad With Chickpea Croutons [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Put on a baking sheet: the chickpeas with oil and spices and stir well.
- Bake 20 minutes, take them out, stir and bake for 20 more minutes.
- For the dressing simply add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a creamy and homogeneous sauce.
- Put the four handfuls of kale into a bowl, add the dressing and stir well.
- Serve the kale with the sauce in two dishes. Add the chickpea croutons directly from the oven and sprinkle a little Vegan Parmesan on top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 560 | Carbs: 45 g | Fat: 36 g | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 103 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.