Why buy power bars from the grocery store when you can make your own at home? These high-protein bars contain raw cacao powder, maca root, coconut oil, nut butter, and gluten-free oats. Clean fuel at its finest!
Cacao Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maca root powder
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or extract
- A dash of Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until a dough is formed or batter starts sticking together. If it is not sticking together add more nut butter or liquid sweetener.
- Scoop batter into an 8 by 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper and flatten with a back of a spoon until even.
- Put in the freezer overnight or for 1 hour to set. Remove and cut into squares.