A “haystack” is a Southern treat comprised of butterscotch, peanut butter, peanuts, and asian rice noodles. As a whole, it’s a combination of somewhat random ingredients that just seamlessly go together. Whether you have refined tastes or jump at the opportunity to reminisce with classic recipes turned vegan, you’ll love this recipe.
Butterscotch Hay Stacks [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 bags vegan butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Put the vegan chips in a microwave safe bowl with coconut oil, melt for 1 minute, stirring between 10-15 second intervals.
- Once fully melted stir in the peanut butter until well blended.
- Combine the chow mein noodles and peanuts in a large bowl and pour the butterscotch/peanut butter mixture over them and stir until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until set. Can be stored at room temp during the winter; during the summer might require refrigeration.
- Peanut Butter