Fall is here, and so is butternut squash! You are going to absolutely adore this delicious and simple vegan butternut squash soup. It is made of whole foods, plant-based, and so quick to prepare. It follows a really basic recipe that you can apply to a lot of other ingredients: steam a hearty, starchy vegetable; place it in a blender, and add something to make it creamy; blend, and you are done! How awesome is that? This vegan butternut squash soup is soup is easy, creamy, and healthy––perfect for those cold fall nights. Also, you can totally experiment and switch out the butternut squash for any squash you have on hand. The combination of sweetness and spice in this vegan butternut squash soup is fantastic. You are going to love it!
Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium butternut squash (5-6 cups), cubed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Peel, remove the seeds, and cube butternut squash, and steam for 6-8 minutes, or until completely soft when pierced with a fork.
- Add butternut squash, vegetable broth, tamari, coconut butter, cumin, lime juice, and pitted date to a blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and top with red pepper flakes, shredded coconut, and any other topping of choice.
- Butternut Squash