This is a beautiful stew. It is packed full of fresh flavors like coriander and red pepper and bold spices like cumin and chili. Plus, it is so hearty and filling. So good!
Butternut Squash Black Bean Corn Stew [Vegan]
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot and add the onion, celery, carrot and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and all of the spices.
- Add the butternut squash, black beans and corn.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetable stock cube and bring the mixture down to a simmer.
- Cook for 35 minutes until the mixture becomes thick like a stew.
- Garnish with fresh coriander (cilantro) and a squeeze of lime (optional).