Introducing the ultimate vegan burritos with raw vegan taco meat. The base is carrots, seeds, walnuts spices and herbs. This mock meat is full of flavor, has superb consistency, and is yet another quick and easy recipe to add to those long busy summer days. It’s also the perfect recipe if you need a simple way to eat more veggies!
Burritos With Raw Taco Meat [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Raw Taco Meat:
- 1 1/2 cups carrot
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon red miso paste or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Burritos:
- 2 cups rice
- 8 flour tortillas (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 cups simple corn salad
To Make the Raw Taco Meat:
- Cut the vegetables into manageable pieces for the food processor to do the rest of the job. Process until you have your desired consistency.
To Make the Burritos:
- Warm the tortilla up with a little bit of steam. Throw it into the rice cooker or pot of rice for about 20 seconds until it's nice and soft.
- Add a thin layer of rice.
- Add a thin layer of taco meat.
- Add a little bit of corn salad or salsa on top.
- Roll it once, fold in the sides, roll it the rest of the way, dab the edge of the tortilla with water and seal it up.
- This step that isn't necessary but is useful for dinner parties or when you're making a bunch of vegan burritos at a time. Heat up some coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high. Put the rolled burrito in the pan for about 30 seconds. This will ensure the burritos stay closed.