A delicious burrito-inspired stew! You can serve this stew with rice, nachos or wraps. Alternatively you can freeze it and then defrost whenever you need!
Burrito Stew [Vegan]
- 1 can of mixed beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Handful of chopped okra (frozen)
- 1/4 broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Harissa seasoning
- 1/2 chili chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- Microwave the sweet potato until semi-soft (around 4 mins on high power)
- Cube the cooked sweet potato
- In a pan heat the olive oil and cry the onion, broccoli, okra and sweet potato until browned slightly
- Add the beans in tomato sauce, tomato puree and vegetable stock cube.
- Add the spices and add half a cup of water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve with rice, wraps, or nachos along with 1/4 of avocado or guacamole