Buffalo chickpeas are great on their own, but when you stuff them inside bread, they're even better. Not only are these pita pockets delicious, they're downright easy to make. Chickpeas are tossed with a spicy Buffalo sauce and then stuffed in a pita pocket with kale and cucumber. A creamy avocado-lime dressing tops it all off. Try changing up the veggies in this recipe based on what you have on hand.
Buffalo Chickpea Pita Pockets With Creamy Avocado [Vegan]
- 1-15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons Buffalo hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 pita rounds
- Kale leaves
- 1 large cucumber
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In an oven-safe dish, combine the chickpeas with the coconut oil and buffalo sauce. Mix well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the avocado with the almond milk and lemon juice. Add a little salt, to taste.
- Stuff each pita pocket with the chickpeas, kale, and cucumber and drizzle with the avocado sauce.
- Buffalo Sauce