These Buffalo Cauliflower bites are amazing. But really, it’s perfect in a taco, a wrap, as part of a bowl, for a potluck, an appetizer, game day, with a beer, or simply piled high on a plate with a generous serving of vegan ranch.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites [Vegan]
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1/2 or 3/4 cup water (based on the consistency of your batter)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper.
- 1 & 1/4 cups hot sauce of choice
- 1-2 heaping tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Chop up cauliflower into florets/bite sized pieces, and give them a good rinse.
- Mix together batter ingredients (flour, milk, 1/2 cup water, garlic powder, salt & pepper).
- Depending on what type of flour you are using, you may need to add a bit more water.
- Dip each cauliflower into the batter to coat, and let the excess batter drip off before placing on a lined baking sheet. OR just throw em’ all in the mixing bowl and toss with a spatula to coat, making sure to still let the excess batter drip a bit before moving to the baking sheet.
- Bake the battered cauliflower bites for 30 mins at 425°F, until they are crispy golden brown on the edges.
- In the last few minutes of baking, heat up the hot sauce in a pot on the stove, along with the vegan butter. Stir the butter into the hot sauce until it melts, and then remove from heat.
- After the 30 minutes of baking, remove the cauliflower bites from the oven and coat them in hot sauce. Use the same methodology as coating with batter. Either dip to coat or toss em all in there, draining the excess before moving back to the baking sheet(s).
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or desired crispiness.
- Serve with your favourite ranch! You can find my recipe here.
- Try not to eat them all in one go! We’ve eaten 4 heads of cauliflower between the two of us this week… Enjoy!