These savory buckwheat crêpes are stuffed with mushrooms, rainbow chard, and a tahini dressing. They make a delightful breakfast but you can also pack them up for a light lunch later on in the day too.
Buckwheat Crêpes With Mushrooms and Chard [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crêpes:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 teaspoon baking powder
For the Filling:
- 10.5 ounces Chestnut mushrooms, chopped finely
- 10.5 ounces of rainbow chard (can replace with spinach), chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
To Make the Crêpes:
- Add the liquids and chia seeds to a blender.
- Allow this to sit for 10 minutes or so until the chia has absorbed some of the liquid and become gloopy.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend them until they’re smooth.
- Let the batter sit for at least 20 minutes before cooking, this allows the mixture to bind together a bit more.
- Cook the pancakes in a hot, preferably non-stick pan.
- Add a little coconut oil into the pan for each pancake and pour in the batter, cook it for 1-2 minutes on each side.
To Make the Filling:
- In a small frying pan, heat up some coconut oil and fry your mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, add in your chard, stir everything thoroughly, and heat the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Add your tahini to a small bowl or cup.
- Add enough boiling water so that it reaches the consistency of a light dressing and stir thoroughly.
- Serve your filling on top of your crepes and drizzle the tahini on top.