This Brussels Sprouts Salad is light, bright, and full of flavor! There's even an extra crunch from the apples and macadamias!
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Macadamias and Apple [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and sliced very thin
- 4 ounces vegan cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup) (optional)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Whisk lemon juice, mustard, shallot, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in large bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until incorporated.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with vinaigrette, and let sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Fold in vegan cheddar, if using, apple, and macadamia nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Slice the sprouts as thin as possible. It's recommended to use the mandoline slicer or a food processor for this, as it will produce even slices.