Think Brussels sprouts are boring? Well, this gratin is about to change your mind. Oven-roasted brussel sprouts are cooked with a creamy, cheesy sauce made from coconut milk and melty vegan cheese. It's easy, comforting, and so rich. It's the perfect winter side dish!
Brussels Sprouts Gratin [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Brussels Sprouts Gratin [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 3/4 pounds Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, and each sprout cut into halves or quarters
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices vegan smoked gouda cheese, chopped or your favorite vegan cheese
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts Gratin [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 425°F convection setting, or 450°F regular bake setting.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and a generous amount of sea salt.
- Spread the sprouts out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven 20 minutes.
- In a small pot, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the tapioca flour and continue to whisk until it's totally smooth and starting to color (about 3 minutes).
- Pour in the coconut milk, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and the smoked gouda and stir until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Put the Brussels sprouts in an oven-proof casserole dish and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top.
- Bake in the oven 20 minutes.
- Brussels Sprouts
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1934 | Total Carbs: 110 g | Total Fat: 149 g | Total Protein: 60 g | Total Sodium: 2204 g | Total Sugar: 20 g Per Serving: Calories: 387 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 30 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 441 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.