Broccolini Mushroom Stir Fry is a simple dish of stir fried broccolini and shiitake mushrooms in garlic and shallots seasoned with soy sauce. It may sound simple, but this packs a lot of flavor, from the nutty broccolini, earthy shiitake and savory soy sauce it has the most important taste covered: the umami. It’s great as a side dish and also great on its own.
Broccolini Mushroom Stir Fry [Vegan]
- 3 cups broccolini
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 pieces dried chillies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut oil
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove from pot then put it in a cold bath. Set broccolini aside.
- In a wok, heat peanut oil then sauté garlic, shallots and spring onions.
- Add shiitake mushrooms then continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chillies then continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and water then the broccolini, toss to coat.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt then drizzle sesame oil on top. Turn off heat then serve.