Get your vegetables the fun way. These dippers are small patties that you can pick up with your fingers. Eat them plain or dip them into your favorite sauce. Party food!
Broccoli Veggie Dippers [Vegan]
6 (2 patties per serving)
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse and drain the lentils. Place the lentils in a medium-large saucepan. Pour in 1/2 cup water. Place the pan on high heat and bring to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, turn down to medium-high and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. All the water should be absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add water to a medium saucepan with a steamer insert and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli to the insert and steam over boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Mix ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, except 1/4 cup breadcrumbs. Process until well combined, with a crumbly texture. Divide mixture into twelve pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten them into patties. Coat each patty, on each side, with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet to medium-high and brown the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with dairy-free chipotle mayonnaise or any of your other favorite spicy dipping sauces.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 199 | Carbs: 31 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 159 mg | Sugar: 1 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile