Tried and tested a handful of times, I can see this Broccoli Flatbread recipe becoming a regular favorite. It’s just such a simple recipe and is a perfect alternative to bread. Straight out the oven or popped into the toaster, this recipe is full of goodness. This Broccoli Flatbread is gluten free, low in carbohydrates, refined sugar free, egg free making it 100% vegan, as well as incredibly delicious. The texture is perfect, and the ingredients hold well together without falling apart. This recipe is quick and easy and only uses a handful of ingredients. What you’re left with is a perfectly healthy flatbread, packed with amazing nutritional benefits (not to mention flavor).
Broccoli Flatbread [Vegan, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free]
- 1 TBS Chia Seeds - left to swell in a small bowl with 4 TBS water
- 180g Broccoli Florets - cleaned and rinsed
- 1 Cup Almond Meal - ground almonds
- 3 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TBS Psyllium Husks
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Rock Salt
- Grind of Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Place the chia seeds and water into a small bowl, mix and leave aside to swell.
- Blitz the broccoli florets in a food processor until fine.
- Add the broccoli to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the swollen chia seed gel and mix well until all combined.
- On a lined baking tray, evenly spread the mixture and press down with either your hands or a flat silicone baking spatula (I find this works well and the mixture doesn't stick to it)
- Poke a few holes around the mixture with a fork to ensure even baking
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 mins at 400 F for until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Slice into slices and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container.