These granola cups are perfect for any time of day!
Breakfast Granola Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Breakfast Granola Cups [Vegan]
For the Granola Cups:
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g/6 oz) granola
- 1/2 cup (65 g/2.3 oz) sunflower seeds or chopped nuts of choice
- 2 tablespoons (40 g/1.4 oz) agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons (50 g/1.8 oz) sunflower seed butter or nut butter of choice 1 pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup (60 g/2.1 oz) sunflower seed butter (melted) or nut butter of choice
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup (90 g/3.2 oz) dairy-free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate, chopped)
How to Prepare Breakfast Granola Cups [Vegan]
- Combine all the granola cup ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough, add a little more sweetener.
- Grease a muffin/cupcake pan or use a silicone mold. Then, divide the mixture between the pan “cups” using a tablespoon measuring spoon to press the mixture into the cup and create a dent in the middle of each “cup.”
- Put a heaped teaspoon of sunflower seed butter into the center of each granola cup. Freeze until firm, about 60 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, optionally with 1–2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the sunflower seed butter on each granola cup. It will harden quickly because the sunflower seed butter is cold.
- Store them in the fridge for several days or in the freezer for 2–3 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.