Zoats is a breakfast dish that's made using oats, shredded zucchini, and a non-dairy milk of your choice. In this recipe, plain zoats are transformed into a decadent and chocolatey breakfast experience with a pudding-like texture from the added chia seeds. And because chocolate and fruit were made to be together, it's topped with an assortment of fresh fruit that can easily be adjusted to your liking.
Breakfast Chocolate and Fruit “Zoats” (Zucchini Oatmeal!) [Vegan]
For the "Zoats":
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (if using)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy milk
For the Topping:
- A small handful of fresh berries
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- A sprinkle of coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond butter
- Dark chocolate, chopped
- Put the chia seeds in a small bowl and stir in 6 tablespoons of non-dairy milk. Allow to thicken while you make the rest of the "zoats."
- Place the oats, the shredded zucchini, and the almond or oat milk in a small pot and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Then stir in the mashed banana, the cacao, the soaked chia seeds, and if using, the agave nectar.
- Put in two bowls and top it off with fresh berries, bananas, kiwi, almond butter, coconut flakes, and chopped dark chocolate.