The smoothie tastes more like a vegan milkshake than anything else, especially when you drizzle it with wholesome dark chocolate! This recipe is a winner. Try it out for breakfast or anything time of day.
Berry Chia Smoothie With Cacao Drizzle [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup walnut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups walnut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Water, if needed
- Stir together the chia seeds and walnut milk, then let it sit for 10 minutes. The chia seeds will double in size and soak up the milk so it becomes like rice pudding!
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Stir together the ingredients until combined. If it's not drizzly enough, add a tiny bit of water.
- Layer the pudding, smoothie and cacao drizzle as desired in a glass, then enjoy! I put the chia pudding in the bottom of the glass, drizzled the chocolate sauce inside the glass, then poured in the smoothie.