This super simple cauliflower recipe makes a great side dish and can all be made in your Instant Pot!
Braised Whole Cauliflower with North African Spices [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28‑ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained with juice reserved, chopped coarse
- 1 large head cauliflower (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup pitted brine-cured green olives, chopped coarse
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Using highest sauté function, cook oil, garlic, anchovies (if using), ras el hanout, and pepper flakes in Instant Pot until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot, then stir in tomatoes and reserved juice.
- Trim outer leaves of cauliflower and cut stem flush with bottom florets. Using paring knife, cut 4‑inch-deep cross in stem. Nestle cauliflower stem side down into pot and spoon some of sauce over top. Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select high pressure cook function and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you. Using tongs and slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to serving dish and tent with aluminum foil.
- Stir olives and raisins into sauce and cook, using highest sauté function, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut cauliflower into wedges and spoon some of sauce over top. Sprinkle with cilantro and pine nuts. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile