The perfect summer dessert for families, kids and couples in the summer.
Blueberry Scones [Vegan]
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teapsoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons agave sweetener
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lime/lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- Add your flour, baking powder and salt to a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Add your agave sweetener then mix and then add your oil and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add you lime or lemon zest and your blueberries and mix gently.
- Add your coconut milk and fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F degrees.
- Flour your hands and a parchment-lined baking sheet with spelt flour.
- Put the dough unto the baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the refrigerator and flatten it out. Slice it into triangles as if you were cutting a pizza. Separate the pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until they become a golden brown color. Serve warm.