Blueberry and lime is a winning flavor combo — they're so complementary and only enhance each other's flavor. You can add as must zest as you lime to really make the lime flavor shine. The crust, made from dates and nuts, tastes like a chewy cookie and it serves as the base for creamy, decadent cashew-based layers.
Blueberry Lime Layer Cheesecake [Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Blueberry Lime Layer Cheesecake [Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla beans or extract
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A splash of water, if needed to help blend
For the Cheesecake Layers:
- 2 1/4 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
How To Make Blueberry Lime Layer Cheesecake [Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Pulse ingredients in food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a splash of water at the end, if needed to prevent sticking. Press crust into a parchment lined 7-inch springform pan.
To Make the Lime Cheesecake Layer:
- The night before, soak cashews in a bowl of water. The next day, drain and rinse. Place cashews in food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth. Scrape down sides and add lime juice, 1/4 cup sweetener, zest, and vanilla, then blend again. Stream in the melted coconut oil and blend until well-combined. Taste and add more sweetener, if needed.
- Scoop out enough of the cheesecake filling to cover the crust with about 1/2-1-inch of the white layer. Then, set in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
To Make the Blueberry Cheesecake Layer:
- Add 1 cup blueberries to the remaining cheesecake in your food processor and blend until smooth. If your blueberries are tart, you may need a couple more teaspoons of sweetener.
- Spread the blueberry layer on top of lime layer and decorate with fresh blueberries and lime zest.
- Cover with foil and set in the freezer for about 3 hours to firm up and then transfer to the refrigerator for a couple more hours.
Total Calories: 3730 | Total Carbs: 361 g | Total Fat: 243 g | Total Protein: 71 g | Total Sodium: 308 g | Total Sugar: 258 g Per Serving: Calories: 311 | Carbs: 30 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 26 mg | Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Chelsea Sims just for you
Frankie Pie-napple -you have to make this
Omg yes!!!! This looks tasty x