Who wouldn't want a big slice of bright purple blueberry ice cream cake? It's refreshing, fruity, and incredibly easy to make – not to mention raw and gluten-free as well!
Blueberry Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Raw]
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup dates (soaked in water a few minutes – reserve 1 tablespoon of the water)
- A pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of agave (or sweetener of choice)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- Throw the pecans and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until they have broken down into tiny pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the water you used to soak the dates, toss the rest (or save for smoothies!), add the dates, cinnamon, and salt and pulse until the mixture sticks together and forms a bit of a dough-like crust.
- Press this into the bottom of a 6-inch spring form pan (or any baking dish you’d like). Put this dish in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Put the blueberries, agave and lemon juice in a blender. Start to blend and slowly pour in splashes of coconut milk to help it blend up. I don’t think I added more than 1/4 cup. You don’t want to mixture liquid-y, but thick and creamy (think cashew cheese).
- Pour this onto the crust from the freezer and freeze for at least eight hours to set.