These vegan blueberry cheesecake jars are really easy to make, absolutely delicious, and full of blueberry flavor. Due to its high antioxidant content, blueberries have the ability to significantly reduce inflammation in our bodies and are full of many other health benefits. Vegans and non-vegans love these these vegan blueberry cheesecake jars. They are super tasty and a fun take on a classic dessert.
Blueberry Cheesecake Jars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 2 hours or overnight then drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Blueberry compote:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 fresh blueberries for garnish
- Add the cashews, coconut milk maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the blueberries and maple syrup to a small pot on medium heat. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let cook down for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To assemble the jars, layer some of the cheesecake mixture, blueberry compote and fresh blueberries.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
You can use any fruit of your choice instead of blueberries. You can easily make this dessert sugar-free by substituting maple syrup with equal amounts of coconut milk for the cheesecake and water for the blueberry compote and adding liquid stevia to taste.