In this recipe, blueberries and white chocolate chunks are embedded in warm and moist banana muffins sprinkled with walnuts. Since they incorporate coconut oil, coconut sugar, and rolled oats, they are lighter than your typical muffin. Sounds like a tasty way to start the day!
Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, plus 3 tablespoons of water per egg)
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine flaxseed meal and water and let set for 5 minutes. Add mashed banana, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Add flour and oats and stir until just combined.
- Add in berries, chocolate, coconut, and nuts. Stir until evenly distributed in batter.
- Fill each liner about 2/3 of the way full with batter and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.