Have you tried blue spirulina yet? Like regular spirulina, it is a great addition to smoothies and raw desserts, only instead of an algae green, it gives everything a kiss of bright blue color. In this delicious smoothie bowl, bananas are blended into an ice cream-like texture, then swirled with bright, blue spirulina. Then, it's topped with fresh berries, dairy-free yogurt, coconut, and star-shaped banana slices. Picture-perfect and delicious!
Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 fresh banana, for stars and blending
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Vegan yogurt of choice, for topping
- 3 or more blue spirulina capsules
- Blackberries, for topping
- Coconut flakes, for topping
How to Prepare Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Slice a couple pieces of fresh banana and use a cookie cutter to make stars out of them.
- Process leftover banana, frozen bananas, and agave nectar in a food processor. Once smooth, empty spirulina caps and process more.
- Pour blue banana nice cream into a bowl. Add vegan yogurt, blackberries, banana stars, and coconut flakes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 345 | Total Carbs: 89 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 4 g | Total Sodium: 4 g | Total Sugar: 51 g Calculation not including coconut yogurt, blackberries, or coconut flakes.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.