Have you tried blue spirulina yet? Like regular spirulina, it is a great addition to smoothies and raw desserts, only instead of an algae green, it gives everything a kiss of bright blue color. In this delicious smoothie bowl, bananas are blended into an ice cream-like texture, then swirled with bright, blue spirulina. Then, it's topped with fresh berries, dairy-free yogurt, coconut, and star-shaped banana slices. Picture-perfect and delicious!
Blue Spirulina Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 fresh banana, for stars and blending
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Vegan yogurt of choice, for topping
- 3 or more blue spirulina capsules
- Blackberries, for topping
- Coconut flakes, for topping
- Slice a couple pieces of fresh banana and use a cookie cutter to make stars out of them.
- Process leftover banana, frozen bananas, and agave nectar in a food processor. Once smooth, empty spirulina caps and process more.
- Pour blue banana nice cream into a bowl. Add vegan yogurt, blackberries, banana stars, and coconut flakes.