These black soybean sliders are a fun and spicy finger food that pack a tasty kick! Served on a toasted bun and topped with vegetables and a creamy, spicy, and tangy chipotle-avocado-lime sauce, they're the perfect food to serve on game day, or at any party. These little burgers are perfect when served with a big stack of vegetable fries.
Black Soybean Sliders With Chipotle-Avocado-Lime Sauce [Vegan]
For the Black Soybean Sliders:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 15-ounce cans of black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup organic bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup red pepper, minced (about 1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup white onion, minced (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Chipotle-Avocado-Lime Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon dry chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 small dinner rolls
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- Red onion, broken apart into small rings, or roughly chopped
- Red leaf lettuce leaves
To Make the Black Soybean Sliders:
- In a cup, mix the ground flax seeds with the 2 tablespoons of water and set aside. The flaxseed and water mixture will be your "flax egg," which serves as a binder.
- Drain and rinse your black soy beans and then mash with a potato masher or a fork, until they are mushy, but still a little chunky.
- Mince your red pepper and white onion and add to the smashed soybeans. Next add the breadcrumbs, flax mixture, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until combined. Next, form your mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat your skillet over medium-low heat with just enough olive oil to completely coat the bottom of the pan. Once heated, add your patties. Cook about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and then remove from the pan.
- Before turning off your burner, toast your dinner rolls until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
To Make the Chipotle-Avocado-Lime Sauce:
- In a dish combine vegan mayonnaise, avocado, lime juice, chipotle powder, and salt. Mix together until well-combined and smooth.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into little tomato rounds, break your red onion apart into little rings, or roughly chop, and wash the red lettuce leaves.
- Spread the mayonnaise onto each side of the dinner roll, add the burger patty, top with vegetables, and the top of the bun. Use a toothpick to hold it all together.