This black grape cake is sumptuous, moist, and studded with juicy grapes that burst in mouth in every bite. The recipe is simple, but the flavors are super delicious. Just mix everything up, bake, and you're good to go. You will love this black grape cake!
Black Grape Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup jam (any flavour) or else, add 1/4 cup powdered sugar more
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup black grapes washed* and wiped dry
- Preheat oven to 347°F. Grease the sides and line bottom of one 8 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together first four ingredients in a big bowl. Keep aside
- In another bowl mix next five ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix till you get a smooth batter.
- Fold in grapes. Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven after 5 minutes. Remove from the pan after another 5 minutes.
- Cool in the rack. Slice the next day.
Grapes are sprayed with pesticides. It is important to clean them well. Take two cups of water. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar and soak for ten minutes. Rub skin with hands. Rinse.