These black bean burgers are so yummy. They have everything you want, from flavor to a hearty texture thanks to a combination of black beans, roasted chickpeas, and oats — and it’s super simple to make! The horseradish dressing, roasted eggplant, creamy guacamole, black bean burger, pickled red onion, and red cabbage all go together perfectly. Serve with sweet potato fries on the side.
Black Bean Burger With Pickled Red Onion [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 14 ounces black beans, cooked and blended
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats, mixed
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas seasoned with cayenne, salt, and pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 pinches of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 3 teaspoons paprika
For the Pickled Red Onion:
- 1 red onion, sliced with a mandoline and massaged in lemon juice
For the Roasted Eggplant:
- A few eggplant slices
For the Other Toppings:
To Make the Burgers:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix together all ingredients and shape into burgers of about 3 ounces. Then, fry on fairly high heat in canola oil until you get a brown color. Bake in the oven for about 5-10 minutes for a little less juicy texture.
To Roast the Eggplant:
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices. Dip in olive oil and place on ab oven-safe baking tray. Run in the oven at 300°F for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them — they tend to burn quickly.
- Serve the burgers on your favorite bun with pickled red onions, eggplant, and sauces of your choice.