These Black Bean and Tofu Tacos are perfect for your next Taco Tuesday. Crispy Taco Shells filled with a tasty tofu and black bean mixture is a combination you just can’t beat. This recipe is super quick and easy––you’ll be able to whip it up in less than 30 minutes! Plus, black beans are just such a great vegan staple. They are so versatile, not to mention packed with protein and fiber! When you combine the black beans with the tofu it makes for a great complete protein source that is as tasty and as filling as any meat dish! Try making these Black Bean and Tofu Tacos next time you need a filling, tasty, and quick vegan dinner!
Black Bean and Tofu Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Taco Shells
- 1 Block of Tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1 can black beans
- Optional Toppings: Tomatoes, Avocado, Lettuce Leaves
- Start by chopping your onion and celery and placing it in a heated pan, stir fry until golden.
- Mix in your tofu crumbs and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in your spices and continue to cook until looking crispy around the edges.
- Finally, add the black beans and spinach to the mix for a further few minutes.
- Place taco shells in oven according to package instructions (around 2-3 minutes).
- Layer your taco shells with a lettuce leaf, scrambled tofu mix, fresh tomatoes and salsa.
- Serve with extra salsa, hot sauce, avocado etc.