Batter bread is an easy to bake bread. The beauty of batter bread is that it has a beautiful crumb and it’s a lot chewy and rustic than the regular sandwich bread. Bread baking is one of the most gratifying experiences. The pleasure of creating a loaf from scratch and enjoying the homemade goodness is an exhilarating experience. Baking bread is all about love. When you bake a loaf, you ensure the purity of ingredients, you ensure there are artificial colors, flavors, dough conditioners, and preservatives. And it is such a happy feeling to see your family loving and enjoying the bread made at home. Baking bread is easy. Starting with the most basic bread recipe is the key to gaining confidence. Practice is the key to learn the nuances. A Batter bread or a no-knead bread requires no special tactics and steps. No kneading, no punching, no shaping. All you need to do is throw everything together into a large bowl and let the yeast do the magic. The beauty of a no-knead batter bread is that you get a beautiful crumb, and it’s a lot chewy and rustic than the regular sandwich bread.
Beginner’s Sandwich Bread / Beginner’s Batter Bread [Vegan]
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- Generously grease one 8 1/2 inch x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Dust with whole wheat flour.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a large deep bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add water and oil. Mix with a ladle until moistened and there are no dry ingredients in the bowl. The batter will be stiff. Cover and keep in a warm place until double (it may take between 1 hour to 2 hours depending on weather).
- Stir down batter with a spoon. Empty into the prepared pan. With oiled fingers, press the dough evenly in the pan and level the top (make it smooth). Cover and keep to rise until it crests up to the lip of the pan (almost double in volume).
- Bake in a preheated pan at 347°F for 35-40 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the pan sounds hollow when tapped at the bottom. Cover with a foil if the top is browning too fast.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Remove bread from pan after 6-7 minutes. Brush the top with butter.
- Slice when cold and enjoy the homemade goodness.