Gravlax is a Nordic dish consisting of raw salmon cured in salt, sugar, and dill. In this vegan version, the flavoring stays the same, but the salmon is replaced with grated beets. The result is a fresh, lemony side dish that adds a vibrant burst of color and a citrusy touch to any meal.
Beet Gravlax [Vegan]
- 3-6 tablespoons coarse sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2-4 tablespoons cane sugar
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 medium sized beets, grated
- Sprinkle the dill, lemon zest, and beets in an even layer and press down.
- Douse with lemon juice, sprinkle with salt, and serve.
- Beet Recipes