There's nothing better than enjoying food that brings back great memories as all food should!
Beer Chili [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beer Chili [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce tomato paste
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 large green peppers, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 chipotle pepper in juices, minced
- 2-28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, drained then chopped
- 2-15 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Guinness beer
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
How to Prepare Beer Chili [Vegan]
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add onions, garlic, cumin, red pepper, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are transparent.
- Stir in tomato paste. Then mix in celery, carrots, peppers, jalapéno, and chipotle pepper. Cook about 5 minutes while stirring to incorporate the flavors. Stir in tomatoes, beans cilantro and Guinness. Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 hours or move to a crockpot and keep on warm.
- Top with vegan cheese if you like!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.