There's nothing better than enjoying food that brings back great memories as all food should!
Beer Chili [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce tomato paste
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 large green peppers, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 chipotle pepper in juices, minced
- 2-28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, drained then chopped
- 2-15 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Guinness beer
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add onions, garlic, cumin, red pepper, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are transparent.
- Stir in tomato paste. Then mix in celery, carrots, peppers, jalapéno, and chipotle pepper. Cook about 5 minutes while stirring to incorporate the flavors. Stir in tomatoes, beans cilantro and Guinness. Bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 hours or move to a crockpot and keep on warm.
- Top with vegan cheese if you like!