A spin on the classic beef and vegetable, this is made with a vegan beefless crumble. It's protein-packed and is the perfect way to clean out your veggie bin. This recipe is super flexible so go with the flow. Taste and adjust the seasoning and enjoy. This soup also freezes beautifully.
Beefless Vegetable Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 bag or recipe of beefless crumbles
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, core removed and chopped
- 3 medium size carrots, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 containers of vegetable broth
- 1, 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can of cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed (any hearty bean would work)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add your olive oil to a large Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Over medium heat, once the oil is hot, add your beefless crumbles.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add your onions, garlic, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Cook until the onions are translucent, 4-6 minutes.
- Add your broth, tomatoes, and beans.
- Then add your seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then turn to a low heat, cover, and simmer.
- After about 30 minutes, taste and adjust the seasonings.
- To really amp the flavors up, simmer this on low all afternoon. If you don't have the time, turn off.
Once cooled, store in airtight containers. You could serve this with rice or noodles.