Thinly sliced veggies tossed in tangy BBQ sauce and piled on a soft bun... HELLO! Bring a tray of these playful sandwiches to your next summer shindig and have fun watching them all disappear!
BBQ Pulled Veggie Sandwiches [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for BBQ Pulled Veggie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1 cups julienne sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons red onion marmalade
- 1/3 cup vegan barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons fennel powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk
- Buns and hummus with greens, to serve
- Vegan cheese, optional
How to Prepare BBQ Pulled Veggie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- Steam the cabbage and carrots for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, water sauté the garlic flakes, then mix your steamed veggies, bbq sauce, sauerkraut, and spices together with the lemon juice. Let it simmer over medium-low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the psyllium husk and red onion marmalade and simmer further for another 4 or so minutes until the sauce and mixture thickens.
- Serve in a hummus-lined bun with greens of choice.
- If you have vegan cheese to grate and melt, add that now.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.