Thinly sliced veggies tossed in tangy BBQ sauce and piled on a soft bun... HELLO! Bring a tray of these playful sandwiches to your next summer shindig and have fun watching them all disappear!
BBQ Pulled Veggie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1 cups julienne sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons red onion marmalade
- 1/3 cup vegan barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons fennel powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons psyllium husk
- Buns and hummus with greens, to serve
- Vegan cheese, optional
- Steam the cabbage and carrots for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, water sauté the garlic flakes, then mix your steamed veggies, bbq sauce, sauerkraut, and spices together with the lemon juice. Let it simmer over medium-low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the psyllium husk and red onion marmalade and simmer further for another 4 or so minutes until the sauce and mixture thickens.
- Serve in a hummus-lined bun with greens of choice.
- If you have vegan cheese to grate and melt, add that now.