This Basil Butter Bean Hummus is loaded with the yummy basil flavors of pesto and packed with the tahini, beans, garlic and lemon flavors that make hummus the king of snack time. It’s pretty divine.
Basil Butter Bean Hummus [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups butter beans (lima beans) (roughly a 398 ml can)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup kale (chopped)
- 3/4 cup fresh basil (packed down)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 5-7 tablespoons filtered water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using a can of butter beans, drain and rinse the beans from the can.
- Add the butter beans, pumpkin seeds, basil, kale, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and oil to a food processor. Blend until the ingredients have broken down and are somewhat smooth.
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and water next. I suggest starting with 3 tablespoons of water and then adding 1 tablespoon at a time after that. Process until smooth!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.