Now, this is what I call a proper pudding! Rich, indulgent, belly-busting and totally delicious! I decided to do a switch-a-roo job on this classic pud and instead of making it raw or super healthy, I simply switched a traditional all butter biscuit base for a dairy and gluten free biscuit base! I have a confession - healthy people and people with self control please look away now - after photographing this I ate a huge, HUGE, slice of pie... before my dinner! It was an innocent mistake; I blame the fork!
Belly-Busting and Totally Delicious Banoffee Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Belly-Busting and Totally Delicious Banoffee Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces dairy and gluten-free biscuits (I used free from digestives)
- 3 ounces dairy-free butter
- 14 dates
- 1 heaped teaspoon almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- splash vanilla essence
- 2 large bananas
- 1 can coconut cream (this will need to be refrigerated over night)
- vegan chocolate sprinkles or grated dark chocolate
How to Prepare Belly-Busting and Totally Delicious Banoffee Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Put your can of coconut cream in the refrigerator over night
- In a food processor blitz the biscuits until they resemble a fine crumb. Melt the butter then pour it into the processor and mix with the biscuits.
- Tip the now wet biscuit crumb into a greased cake tin or pie dish and press down to line the bottom of the tin.
- Blend together the dates, almond butter, almond milk and vanilla until smooth. It should be thick and gooey and not too runny.
- Pour the caramel onto the biscuit base and spread out for an even covering.
- Peel and slice your bananas into coins and put a layer of sliced banana evenly over the caramel.
- Take your can of coconut milk out of the refrigerator and open it up. Scoop the firm cream out of the top and put it in a bowl (keep the water for another recipe), add a splash of vanilla to the bowl and then whisk it until it is soft and forms peaks.
- Spoon the coconut cream on top of the banana layer and smooth down gently with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Sprinkle over grated dark chocolate or chocolate sprinkles and serve chilled!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 4327 | Total Carbs: 509 g | Total Fat: 251 g | Total Protein: 44 g | Total Sodium: 989 g | Total Sugar: 310 g Per Serving: Calories: 541 | Carbs: 64 g | Fat: 31 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 124 mg | Sugar: 39 g Calculation not including optional sprinkles or grated chocolate.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.