Where is the line between breakfast and dessert anyway? Basically they can be one and the same. This chia pudding won’t disappoint your sweet tooth, but also packs seeds and nuts to keep a sugar crash at bay. Let’s be clear about one thing though — you’re not going to be mad when you wake up with this chia pudding waiting for you in the fridge.
Banana-Tahini Chia Pudding with Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana-Tahini Chia Pudding with Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
For the Pudding:
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cups water
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
For the Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky, just peanuts in the ingredient list)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Garnish:
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries
How to Prepare Banana-Tahini Chia Pudding with Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- Combine tahini, water, banana, vanilla, dates and sea salt in a high speed blender (don’t make the mistake of adding the chia seeds to the blender, wait to add them until after you’ve removed the pudding base from the blender) and blend on high until very smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour pudding base into a jar or container with a lid and add the chia seeds. Put on the lid and shake. Place pudding in the refrigerator and let the chia seeds expand for at least 4 hours, shaking once or twice during that time.
- After the pudding has chilled and chia seeds are hydrated, make the chocolate peanut butter sauce by combining the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring often (chocolate can burn quickly!). Once chocolate is melted and fully incorporated with the peanut butter, remove from heat and set aside for serving.
- To serve, add chia pudding to a small bowl and top with the chocolate peanut butter sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of coconut flakes and a handful of your favorite berries.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.